Did you know that TCC offers downloads of Microsoft Office 365: Education edition for FREE to all current students, faculty, and staff? Stop by the NE Library Computer Learning Center (LCLC) to pick up detailed written instructions on how to access this offer and install your own free copy.
Each user can download the program on up to 5 computers (PC or Mac), 5 tablets, and 5 mobile phones. The subscription includes Microsoft products like Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and more.
Now… Keep reading for an important announcement from TCC’s Information Technology department staff, with regard to your MS Office 365 account:
IMPORTANT! Action Required: Changes to Your Free Personal Microsoft Office Account with myTCC
Tarrant County College (TCC) is working to make your login experience faster and easier. Over the last few months, we’ve been gearing up to launch One Login, TCC’s Single-Sign-On project. To support this effort, we are required to make changes to myTCC that will temporarily impact your free personal use of Microsoft Office.
What is a myTCC Personal Use Account?
- Microsoft Office (MS) 365 is available via your my.tccd.edu email account for personal devices and MS Office 365 online.
- This subscription includes products such as OneDrive, Sharepoint, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Effective May 25th, you will no longer have access to your current personal use Microsoft Office account through myTCC.
- In preparation for required updates, move any documents you have stored in your online MS Office 365 account to an alternate location prior to May 24th.
- All documents and data associated with your myTCC personal use Microsoft Office account will no longer be available as of May 25th.
- Prior to May 24th, take the steps necessary to download any files and/or data associated with your myTCC personal use Microsoft Office account.
- After May 28th, you will have the ability to create a new personal use Microsoft Office account with your same myTCC username and password where you will have the opportunity to re-upload documents and more. Information Technology will send instructions for how to create a new personal use Microsoft Office account.
We sincerely apologize for this temporary inconvenience due to upcoming enhancements. We look forward to offering you a new single-sign-on experience with TCC in the coming months and will send additional reminders as we get closer to this change. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please submit them via email to One-Login@tccd.edu.
Remember! All documents and data associated with your current personal use Microsoft Office account with myTCC will be deleted and no longer available as of May 25th.
In Library Computer Learning Center, News, Student Services, TCC
Google is catching up with its competitors by offering a new cloud-based storage service called Google Drive.
Google Drive is a mixture of some of Google’s powerful search features and Google Docs service. As with Dropbox and most competitors, Google Drive desktop software creates a folder on your computer’s hard drive and any files stored in that folder is automatically synced to Google Drive server. It can be then accessible via its web interface or via any synced computer or mobile devices. (more…)
In NE Library