Bringing the Birds to Your Backyard
Presentation by Tim Sebesta in NLIB #2102
Fri, Nov 9, 2018 12:30-1:30 PM
Did you know that there are over 600 species of birds that can be seen in Texas at some part of the year? Kinesiology Associate Professor Tim Sebesta is a bird enthusiast here at the TCC NE campus who will inform us about winter birding in the presentation “Bringing the Birds to Your Backyard.”
Bring your lunch and join us in NLIB 2102 from 12:30-1:30 on Friday, November 9, for Professor Sebesta’s presentation. We’ll have cookies, lemonade, and tea to share. All students, faculty, staff, and community members are invited to attend.
For more information about birding in Texas and Collegian articles about previous activities on the TCC NE campus, click on the following links.
Print books in the library about birds are in the call number QL600s
- “Winter Back Yard Birds” from Chris Jackson’s DFW Urban Wildlife blog post 2-2-16
2. TOS Handbook of Texas Birds (TCC e-book)
3. From Texas Parks & Wildlife Department: “Texas Birds”
4. Collegian article from April 17, 2018 “Professor to share how to help migrating birds”
5. Collegian article from March 8, 2016 “NE Campus Provides Songbirds Resting Stop”
6. Collegian article from Nov. 17, 2015, “NE Recognized for Friendliness Toward Wildlife”
For more information, contact Beth Mullins at firstname.lastname@example.org
In Bird migration, Bird Watching, NE Library, Special Events