It’s getting close to that time of year when caps and mortarboards are dawned, “Pomp and Circumstance” is played, and stages are walked. It really is an exciting time of year. It can also be a time of considerable uncertainty about the future.
For those who have decided to wrap up their college career with an Associate’s Degree or Technical Certificate, you may be looking to enter the workforce right away and begin a new career. You may have your own unique questions.
How do I get a job with my degree? How can I make my resume better?
As usual, the library can help. Here are just a few titles that might answer some of your questions:
- Resumé magic: trade secrets of a professional resumé writer
Call Number: HF5383 .W46 2010
Link to Online Version: Resume Magic Online
- Working in your major: how to find a job when you graduate
Call Number: HF5382.7 .G45 2012
- Successful interview skills how to prepare, answer tough questions and get your ideal job
Call Number: BF637.I5 T44 2006
- Interview Skills
Link to Online Version: Interview Skills Online
For those who have decided to continue to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree, you may have your own unique, important questions.
Where should I go? What should my major be? How will I pay?
The library has you covered. We have material in the library that might be able to help you answer those questions. Here are just a handful of resources that the library has to help you:
- Choosing the right college 2014-15: the inside scoop on elite schools and outstanding lesser-known institutions.
Call Number: L901 .C576 2013
Link to Online Version: Choosing the Right College Online
- 1001 Ways to Pay for College Practical Strategies to Make Any College Affordable
Link to Online Version: 1001 Ways to Pay for College Online
- College major quizzes: 12 easy tests to discover which programs are best
Call Number: LB2361.5 .L56 2011
Link to Online Version: College Major Quizzes Online
- Panicked student’s guide to choosing a college major: how to confidently pick your ideal path
Call Number: LB2361.5 .S529 2011
Link to Online Version: Panicked Student’s Guide Online
- The other college guide: a road map to the right school for you
(coming soon – stay tuned – call the library to see if it has come in: 817-515-6629!)
And remember, if an item is not at the J. Ardis Bell Library, we can get it for you from another campus – FREE!
In NE Library, TCC, Uncategorized